Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quick Update

  I've made some progress technique wise and I'm working on a new design (which of course takes forever to accomplish).  I'm thinking of saving this new design to use as a Christmas present, which means I can't post it until late December.

  My daughter's birthday is coming up in a month and she asked me to make her some every day earrings. Oy! I haven't made earrings in almost a year and I have no every day designs! So that will be a challenge. I did think up another nifty wire idea for her birthday, but I won't be able to post that either until early November.

I'm headed to Oregon this weekend to visit my parents, so I don't think there will be any wire happenings getting done this week.

I just wanted to let you guys know, it might be a little slow around here for a while but I'm still in the game!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mary, Excited to hear you have new ideas you are working on and look forward to the unveiling. Earrings to me are a challenge as I don't usually make them. I take it as a great compliment when my daughters request my jewelry as they are my biggest supporters.
    Enjoy the getaway in Oregon! If you get the time, check out Heike's gorgeous trinket box on JL. She has perservered and created a beautiful one. I have been drawn to other weaving but creating one that works is still in my spirit. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, I'm trying to to be so involved at JL but I still view the wonderful gallery and I loved the weaving on your new Tiger Eye Bracelet!

    Heike also posts over at Copper Wire Jewelers and we often exchange convos there. I loved her new necklace, from tippy top to tippy bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thank you for the positive words. Working on a trinket box was how this bracelet evolved. For the first time, I posted at Copper Wire Jewelers. It gives good energy to create a piece you feel works. Now to keep learning and growing.

    Thank you for being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you do gorgeous work!!! I can;t wait to see what you're making for Christmas!!

    Audrey aka AudreyGardenLady

    ReplyDelete