Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pearl Floral Brooch


  This was one of my unfinished projects. I started it way back in January, when I had done something similar with kyanite for a bridal necklace.

  I had originally planned to use two tones of metal and larger flowers, but I got discouraged when I couldn't seem to make it flow well.

  I simplified the color pallete and changed to smaller petals and it finally worked out ok.

  I should have provided a handshot here, because this brooch is very small, it's only 2" across.

8 comments:

  1. Are these garnets and pearls? Very very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say that it worked out fabulously! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, This is beautiful! Love the detail and texture in such a small piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely. I have just stumbled across your blog and I love it!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete