Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Brother!

Yesterday I went to Santa Barbara to celebrate my brother's birthday with his wife and 6 children plus various spouses. We ate German food and drank German beer. The beer was VERY good - hehe!

But I am the one who came home with a present - because my dear brother, who reads my blog, whipped his own reading glasses off his face and gave them to me. These are the kind of glasses that you buy at the drug store when you are far sighted. I am also near sighted and have prescription lenses but these glasses from the drug store are wonderful!!

This morning I reworked my original copper moon brooch into something I like more. I wore the glasses and enjoyed non blurry wire. My usual anguish over my eye sight was not present at all! I am very grateful to you John for stepping in and fixing this problem of mine! Happy Birthday!

I'm starting to become very eager to get back to the wire. Still have big projects to complete around the house but look forward to creating again soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're having a great time & back on your feet again Mary! But it seems like its my turn to have the blues. I'm experiencing major difficulties in my life lately that I need to stop what I'm doing and find my own inner happiness as well. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie! I do hope this is a temporary matter. Your jewelry is so very beautiful and your blog is a pleasure. May you find your way back to us soon!

    ReplyDelete